Friday, January 29, 2010

Letters. Round 3.

Dear people trying to help,
I know you're just trying to cheer me up, but telling me "you're too pretty to be sad" isn't helping. It might make other girls feel better, but not me. Why can't I be sad? 3.5 years of my life were essentially wasted. I can't mourn the loss of that time?

Lovingly,
A Sad Girl
--------------------------------------------

Dear Couples,
Right now, I don't want to hear about your "perfect" relationship. You say I'm bitter? I say, leave me alone. It's adding salt to the wound every time I hear about it.

Sincerely,
A Bitter Bachelorette
--------------------------------------------

Dear JEA,
I turned my heat on for maybe 48 hours total last month. Why did my bill go up? Does an electric blanket really use that much electricity? I'll remind myself to turn it off halfway through the night if it does.

Shiveringly,
A Girl Who Lives In Sweats So She Doesn't Have To Turn The Heat On
--------------------------------------------

Dear USMC,
Please don't send my friend over to the Middle East. I've been through my fair share of deployments with friends, and I don't know if I can do this one. You see, we've been friends since we were kids, and have recently reconnected (I love the internet). I'm scared we'll lose touch during his deployment. Also, if you have to send him, let him take leave first. Please? Why not send him to DI school instead? He wants to go there!

Here's to hoping,
A Friend of a Sgt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love these, especially number 1. You can totally mourn the loss of that time! And you should.

(((hugs))) Can't wait to see you tonight!

Erin said...

Dear Hay Hay,

I can't wait to have our super awesome party next week. You rock!

xoxo, EW