Monday, January 25, 2010

The One Where I Talk About the Last 6 Weeks.

So, it's been exactly 6 weeks since The Big Night. It's been an interesting 6 weeks, to say the least. I thought that I had made my way through the 7 Stages of Grief and was doing good. Until last week. I don't know why, but all of a sudden, I'm back in the "depression/reflection/loneliness" stage. I absolutely love living by myself, but I'm getting so lonely, especially at night. The past few days I've been in a "bitter bachelorette" mood and I'm tired of hearing about other people's relationships, seeing David's Bridal commercials and all this Valentine's Day stuff. (For the record, I've never been a big VDay fan, even if I had a boyfriend).

Yes, I could go out to the bars and parties, but that's just not my scene. I don't need alcohol to have a good time. And, unfortunately, I'm in the age bracket where most of my friends just want to go out and drink the night away. After the weekend (notice it wasn't just one night? LOL) I spent praising the porcelain god a few years ago, I don't like or need to get shit faced. If I'm going to drink heavily (which is a rarity), I like to do it at home, so I don't have to worry about how I'm getting home and I'm in a comfortable environment in case I do need to "get rid of it". I'm too much of a homebody, ha ha.

Quite a few people have asked me if I'm moving back home after I graduate (in 95 days!!). Apparently they think I won't be happy up here without Big Ex. I picked Jacksonville to come to school years before I met him. So, I knew I liked the city without him. I'm a homeowner and live in a beautiful condo. I can't imagine leaving it any time soon. Yes, every room reminds me of Big Ex, but I'm working through that. I'm slowly redecorating and all that, and making new memories in my home without him. So no, as of right now, I won't be moving home. I know my parents (hi guys!) would support me if I wanted to move home, or anywhere else for that matter, but I really do like it up here. Plus, Court-Knee will be getting here soon after I graduate. :)

I'm looking forward to the party I'm having with Erin. It should be a great Girls Night In.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you for wanting to stay up there. It's easy for a lot of people to run away from their problems, or use alcohol to solve them, but you aren't like that. I know you are going to get through this stage and move past this time in your life. It doesn't mean that you'll forget it, but you use to it make the future a better place.

(((hugs)))

Courtney said...

You are so much stronger than anyone could ever understand. And the Big Ex? Pssch. Girl, he'll see it one day.

Class & personality will always win in the end.

And you are SO entitled to the Bitter Bachelorette moments! It's ONLY been 6 weeks! I'd say you're making great progress. I was bitter for a YEAR. Time = wasted. Ugh.

ILY! And I can't wait to move up there! GAH!

Erin said...

GIRLS NIGHT FTW!!

I know how you feel about ridding the Ex in your home. Going through the same thing at my house. I think I'll feel better when I get the third bedroom furnished, however I finally decide to do that. (I also want a new couch and TV, both of which probably won't happen in the near future, lol.)

You know we're not the same in our views of partying, and that's ok. But anytime you want to go out, let me know. I'm always up for it. :)