If you've ever been to my house, you know that what I'm about to say is totally true. I'm a collector. I collect a few different things. Some of these things I've been collecting for years, others are a more recent thing.
The most meaningful thing I collect are stuffed pigs. One of my best friends who passed away in 2007 loved pigs, and got me into them. Well, since she passed, the collection has grown exponentially. Right now, I have 24, with the hopes of getting a small pig tattoo. (Hi Mom! We'll discuss this soon! haha). My favorite will always be the "Big Head" one she gave me, but in close second, is the finger puppet pig I got at a craft show a few months ago.
I've been collecting shot glasses since I was a teenager. I think they're so fun and each have their own personality. There is a story for each one and I can tell you that story for (almost) all of the ones I have. haha. Once I move into a house, I hope to have a shelf to display my collection, but for now they're in a cabinet over my kitchen sink. This collection is at 46 right now, with glasses from all over. My friend who is in the Navy brought me one from Malta, Italy. I have ones from concerts, cruises, other vacations, and other misc adventures. Plus, they're the perfect sized souvenir. Not too big and bulky and usually just the right price!
As mentioned before, I have a habit of collecting DVD's. I don't know when the "fever" set in. I love watching movies, and most of the ones I have are for sentimental reasons. There are a few that I've never seen before, and got on sale. There are others that are in a series, and still others that are my favorites. My all time favorite movie is "Field of Dreams". I remember watching it with my dad as a kid. It's one of those movies that every time it's on TV, I have to watch it, commercials and all.
What are some of your favorite movies?
and
What are some things that you collect?
6 comments:
I love Field of Dreams! That movie still makes me cry.
I collect postcards from all over the world. Of course, I haven't BEEN all over the world. But when someone else travels to a cool place, I always ask them to bring me back a postcard.
I have a ton of favorite movies, but I love The Breakfast Club. It's probably my all-time fav. :)
My all time favorite has to be Grease & Out Cold.
I collect shot glasses too!
I also collect Kitchen Fairies, white My Little Ponies and anything cupcake, owl or fleur de lis.
Katie- I collect postcards, too. Not so much anymore, but I have a huuuuge stack of them in Orlando.
Jess- I looove Grease, too! :)
This post made me chuckle becaues I just posted a post about collecting too many DVDs... lol
PS My favorite movie is Dirty Dancing
My boyfriend and I are DVD collectors, we have somewhere around 200, not including TV shows on DVD.
We haven't been shopping for new ones in ages, so we've got a lot of catching up to do!
Confession: Not a big movie person, IDK why. Attention span? Perhaps.
I collect shot glasses, though I just started not too long ago. I also collect zebra print items. Oh, wait, nevermind. I don't really "collect" them. I just LIKE them. ;)
Post a Comment