Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year.

I know, I'm a little late with the well wishes. I hope you all have a happy and prosperous new year.

I've never been big on resolutions. I usually make the same one. "Lose weight". I think it's time to set some reasonable goals, instead of making a broad resolution.

Here's my new and improved 2010 goals.

-Work out/exercise at least 3 days a week. This can include going to the gym, walking around the mall for 30 minutes or riding my new bike down Kernan for 30 minutes. Or something of the like. I'm also going to try out the exercise programs On Demand.

-Save some money. I'm hoping to put away at least $15 a month. I know it's not a lot, but it's something, right? If I do that all year, I'll have put away $180. I'll admit, I'm not the best at saving money, so this would be a huge thing for me.

-Get all the painting done in the condo. I want to repaint my bathroom back to the beige (I'm tired of the lime green), and I want to paint the built in entertainment center wall/hole a dark red. The red will look great with my new TV. (Thanks mom and dad!).

If I get all those things done, I'll be a happy girl. I'd also like to join a book club and make some more friends up here. But right now, I'm going to focus on me, and getting my life back in order how I want it to be. (More on that tomorrow).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think these are great goals, Hayley, and I love how you didn't set a generic goal like "lose weight." I know you will accomplish all of these things (and more) in 2010! :)

Hayley said...

Thanks Katie. :)

Anonymous said...

These are all very logical and reasonable goals, I don't think you'll have a problem at all!

BTW thanks for all the great twitter msgs today, they made me feel better xo

CIP said...

Ohhh, saving money! Very good one. Last year, I saved money for Rome and I did so well! I should start doing that again.