I have a confession. I am a TV ADDICT. I can't help it. I watch shows on all networks. From ABC, Lifetime, and History, I don't discriminate. I don't think I could live without my DVR. It's one of the best things ever. I don't have an all time favorite TV show, although I will watch some 'Full House' and 'Saved By The Bell' if I come across it.
Anyway. Since The Big Night, I've had some different feelings toward my TV and shows. Big Ex and I liked to watch TV together, and had gotten into quite a few shows together.
Now? It's hard to watch 'Pawn Stars' and 'Ax Men' without him. Once 'Deadliest Catch' comes back, I'm sure that will be the hardest to watch without him. Right before we started the first episode of each season, we would each pick a crew we thought were going to catch the most crab and put a wager to it. I always picked the same crew (The Northwestern) and he usually switched it up. When it starts again, I'm not going to have anyone to bet with.
But on the flip side, there were many shows he couldn't stand that I watched. I would have to record these and watch them when he wasn't home. One of those shows was 'Rescue Me'. He just couldn't understand why I liked that show. Um, hello? Hot firefighters! I love me some Denis Leary.
Now? I can watch all those shows whenever I want and not have to hear him whine about me watching them.
What are some of your favorite TV shows? What are some that you think I should check out?
4 comments:
J and I never really fought over the TV, mainly because I could care less about watching it most of the time. The only time we had to compromise was on Monday nights. He wanted to watch WWE and of course I wanted to watch Intervention and Hoarders. Usually he would just go get on the computer and watch it there. Now I guess I can watch whatever I want, though I still don't really watch TV. He never really was fond of my afternoon news watching either. All well.
The Big Bang Theory is a recent new love of mine! I downloaded the first two seasons and breezed through them.
I got my boyfriend's entire family hooked on Dexter, but then again, who doesn't love Dexter nowadays?
I'm sorry that some of those shows remind you of him. :( But he can't be normal if he doesn't like Rescue Me. That's an excellent TV show!
I will watch pretty much anything, too. It's really sad. Thankfully, the DVR is my only saving grace. I would never get anything done during the week if it wasn't for that thing.
I'm a reality tv junkie... lol I watch it all! I think when I meet someone, I'm going to have a hard time giving up some (I'll have to because I have so many favorites) Some of my faves are:
Survivor
Big Brother
Dr. Phil
Post a Comment