Monday, January 11, 2010

Changes Are Coming.

I'm one of those girls that after a break up, it's time for a major change. Usually it involves cutting my hair and styling it totally different. But this time around, there's a different kind of big change going on around here. I've been trying to grow my hair out for quite some time, so that change was not really an option for me.

Anyway, the major change this time around? A makeover for the bathroom! Well, new paint for right now. I might get some new towels and decorations, but that won't be for a few weeks or months. I painted it back to the beige it originally was when I moved in. It was time for me to grow up and have a more mature paint scheme. (Plus, I can't bring a guy home to a lime green bathroom (you read that color right)... ha ha. Oh yeah, Hi Mom!).

A few years ago, Big Ex and I asked a few friends over to help us paint the master bedroom and bathroom. The colors we I picked? Yellow for the bedroom and lime green for the bathroom. It was like walking into a Sprite bottle and I LOVED it. Some people thought my color choice was.... not right. Well, to them, I say shove it. I was young and immature when I picked the color, and ya know what? Who cares what color my bathroom is? It's my bathroom, not theirs. I didn't want it looking like everyone elses.

My awesome friend Ashley had planned a few weeks ago to come up for a girls weekend, and she is so cool, she helped me paint instead of going out. I was so happy she actually likes painting and was fine with helping me. (You rule Mr. Flintstone!). So, we turned up the tunes and knocked it out in less than 24 hours. I still have to go back and touch up the trim, and will do that tonight. I'm so happy it's back to beige (even though I hated that color for a while). The bathroom looks so much bigger and I feel like such a big girl! ha ha.

Yesterday morning was off to a rough start since we were both pretty hungover (had a long night with my friend Andrew, but it was so much fun). Thanks again Ashley!

Here's some pictures of the before, during, and after.

Lime Green. I loved it, but it reminded me of Big Ex and I've matured since we painted a few years ago.
 

Primer. We didn't use it before the green. So, I learned my lesson and used it this time!
 

Beige. The color is actually a little darker than pictured, but you get the idea.
 


Can I just say something else? My dad? Is THE BEST. I don't care what you say, mine is way better than yours. He funds most of my new projects, and tells me it looks great, even with a shoddy primer paint job. I love him.

8 comments:

Angela said...

I think the green was a fun color! But I completely understand getting sick of it and wanting to move on. Your dad does sound pretty awesome!

Erin said...

Yay for new positive changes! I've thought about painting an accent wall in one room of the house. Red or hot pink in the bedroom? I may reconsider this theory, haha. :)

Hayley said...

Angela- he's the best. :)

Erin- I'm still wanting to paint the entertainment center wall red. I say paint it whatever you want to! :)

Anonymous said...

I also liked the green, but change is never a bad thing. :) You did a great job painting, by the way. Mike Schaber would be proud. Haha!!!

Hayley said...

Katie- I totally thought of him while I was painting it! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

looks great! i'm that girl too, after my breakup I moved to a different state. lol.

Anonymous said...

Changes are the best and so are awesome fathers! :)

CIP said...

Cool! I definitely cut my hair after my last breakup..haha, so funny the things we girls do!

See you tomorrow for WITWW?!