I think it's time to tell you all a little bit more about myself.
I am a Photography student here in Jacksonville. I am on the 6 year plan. I was an Athletic Training major for 2 years, so that's why I'm a little behind everyone else. As the Magic 8 Ball says "all signs point to an April 2010 graduation". All of my teachers have been talking about "when you graduate next semester", so hopefully that's a good sign! I sometimes love being a Photo major. I love digital, and taking more commercial/mainstream pictures, rather than the art photography I learn in school. I struggle with the projects, but I know I need the degree. My favorite model is my BFF Kelli-Sue.
Speaking of Kelli-Sue, we have been friends since we were a year old. Yes, we've had our ups and downs and our falling outs, but this time, we're making it last. I love her daughter (my goddaughter) like my own. Poor thing is so spoiled. Kelli and I have been through so much, and I'm happy she's my BFF. I wish she lived in Jax with me again!
I hope to open my own photography business/studio in the future. I love taking pictures of showers, parties, and I think weddings would be fun, too. I'm all about the "real" image and what's in front of me. I don't like to Photoshop my images, whether it be putting stuff into the image or taking stuff out. I will, however, use it to make sure the colors are balanced and what they are supposed to be. I don't like overly warm or cool images that you can tell have been manipulated. It drives me crazy looking at images like that!
I'm a huge military supporter. I have friends in the Navy, Marines and now, the Army. I love sending care packages. It's so fun going shopping for all this fun stuff to send to them.
I am an avid reader. I like military books and chick lit. One of my favorite things is to go to Barnes and Noble and just browse. It's more fun going with my mom, b/c chances are, we pick up at least one of the same books. Right now, I'm in the middle of the Harry Potter series. I started The Order of the Pheonix (#5) Monday morning. I was so against reading this series and just watching the movies until BFF KS and I went to see the 6th movie on opening day this summer. That movie was the only one that made me want to read the books to see what happens next.
I collect DVD's like it's nobody's business. Out of the 5 shelf bookcase all my DVD's are stored in, there is half of one shelf that is not currently occupied by movies. When I moved into my own place 3 years ago, the bookcase had 2 shelves of DVD's... Some of the ones I buy have sentimental value (like I watched them with a special someone, so I had to buy it. Stuff like that). I'm scared to fill the bookcase b/c I don't know where I will put them after it's full!
I can't finish this without telling you I have the coolest family ever. My parents are not like normal parents. I drink with them (which isn't much now a days... I've turned into such a lightweight. But I'm ok with that!), we can talk about just about anything, and I love hanging out with them. How many of you look forward (not dread) to hanging out with your parents, and drive 2 hours just for a night of dinner at home? My brother and I have gotten a lot closer since I moved away to school, and even closer since he started college. He's the best brother a girl could ask for. =)
Hope you enjoyed learning more about me! Soon, I'll be doing a "cast of characters" sort of entry to tell you about all my crazy, but lovable, friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment