However, there are a few downsides to this "luxury, tropical" condominium living. The first one being upstairs neighbors. Yeah, I know, it's part of this condo living that I am subjected to hearing the sounds of my neighbors. But seriously? They walk like elephants that have 1000 pound weights strapped to them! They stalk around at all hours of the day and night. A few weeks ago, they got into this huuuge argument and were slamming doors and screaming at the top of their lungs... For 4 freaking hours. I am so glad that the unit next to me has been vacated for a few months due to foreclosure. It has made this part of my building a little quieter.
Second down side- those gosh darn stairs. I get quite the arm workout after going grocery shopping because I try to get all my bags so I don't have to make more than one trip because I'm so lazy. ha ha. Plus, I've fallen down the stairs once, and also UP the stairs quite a few times. How do I manage to fall up the stairs? Just call me Grace! =)
Third- college kids. I know, I'm a college kid. However, I want grown up friends and don't want to get to know all the obnoxious partiers that will be moving out in 6 months to a year. I plan on living here for a few more years. This isn't some temporary living situation like them. I also want to keep the place looking nice, unlike them.
I really do love it here. It's an open floor plan and I knew it was perfect the second I walked in. I could envision all my stuff in here, even before I had it. Ant and I plan on being here after we're married until we have our first kiddo. I've made some wonderful friends here (I miss you Misty and Mariah! Get better Jay!). I wouldn't trade this experience for anything. However, I would like some quieter neighbors. ha ha.
1 comment:
Yah thats the major downside to condo or apt living
Post a Comment