This weekend was a great one. In many aspects, but I'm talking about football right now. =)
As mentioned before, I'm an FSU Seminoles fan. Have been since first grade. Yes, we've had a few tough seasons, but I'm still a fan. Anyway, this Saturday we were slated to play Brigham Young University in Provo, UT. BYU is ranked #7 at this point in the polls. Going into the game, we are the underdog, which means it's a sod game for us. (Everytime we are the underdog going to an away game, it's a sod game. If we win, we take a piece of their field for our "sod cemetary"). I was all ready in my "I <3 Bobby" shirt and dinner in front of me. In the end, we put a huge hurting on BYU (54-28). In the polls, BYU falls from 7 to 19, and FSU jumps into the rankings at 18!
After the game was over, and most of the other games for that matter, all the sports casters could talk about were #1 ranked UF. They played unranked Tennessee and won. Apparently, this is a "huge" win for UF and Teabag. Seriously guys? They beat an unranked team by a measly 10 points. If that constitutes a huge win, then the win we had over BYU must be considered astronomical. Oh no, it's just a little win for us according to these sportscasters. We beat a ranked team by 26 points, and it's like it means nothing. Wow. I'm going to stop watching Sports Center and College Football Live if this is what is going to happen all season.
The same thing happened to the USC/Washington game. USC was ranked #3 going in, and they lost to unranked Washington. Does it get much coverage, even though it was a good game? No, because Teblow was not involved.
I'm getting so tired of the bias these sportscasters have towards UF and the "great" Tebow. I can not wait for him to graduate and lose the Heisman so we can stop hearing about him.
Way to be fair ESPN and every newspaper and sportscaster out there. Way to be fair.
4 comments:
Okay. I am gunna let you dog, b/c that's your right b/c FSU did play great and deserved more attention-- One of the reasons the UT game was so "big" was b/c it was out 1st SEC game and there was some connection w.the UT coach and his wife and UF and something happened exactly 30yrs ago. IDK.
but ... In 1974 and 1975, Ohio State running back Archie Griffin became the only player to date to win the Heisman Trophy twice. So everyone knows Tebow is going to loose the Heisman [again, if he is nominated] b/c they will not let someone win twice, again... He won it as Sophomore... The only player in History to win it as a sophomore, that blew everyone away.
Remember...I love you....
but the reason why Florida gets the hype is b/c they earned it. FSU hasn't been that great over these past couple years...they also don't have the story lines that Florida does. Sorry to say that FSU just doesn't have any "mojo" if you will. I know that upsets you, but reporters will go to the attention...until you guys get some big controversy or intriguing players, you guys will just be "good" have have "good games". Tebow has the passion, athletic ability, and coaching to get all the attention.
Kelli- players can win it twice.
Nicole- 10 points vs 26 points. That's all I'm saying.
btw Nicole- you'd feel the same way if your Patriots got 6.7 seconds coverage in an hour show. Just sayin.
Post a Comment