There are countless museums in the world. Museums everywhere. These are all museums I should want to go to. I'm an art major. I should want to go out and appreciate all the wonderful art in this vast world.
But you know what? I HATE going to museums. I think it is one of the most boring things in the world to do. The only exception is if there is a really good photography exhibit. Other than that, I can not stand to go into a museum.
I have no idea why I don't like going to museums. It's just always been a "thing" with me. I like photo exhibits, and could go to those all day. I think it's because I have a very specific taste for art, and the really old paintings just don't 'tickle my fancy'.
Also, when teachers make me go for class to write a paper about a certain piece of work? That one assignment makes me detest the teacher for the rest of the semester. I avoid doing the assignment like the plague. I wait until the last minute. So, you can imagine the dread I was feeling last night when I had to sit through a lecture. In a museum. Oh yeah, so excited for that business. I'll admit, I caught myself nodding off in the dark theater during the lecture portion. The demo part wasn't too bad. There was a cute little girl who got up on stage as a "guest artist", so it was neat to watch her with her dad helping.
Anyway. All you art majors that are reading, how do you feel about going to a museum?
1 comment:
Im not an art major... but I enjoy museums. I think I am a bit weird. I love the Science Center and educational places like that. I had to go to a few Museums in Jax for classes and I loved it... got to miss class and got in free. I had fun. LoL
Post a Comment