Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Yes, Virginia, There Is A Santa Claus.

Watching yesterday's Dr. Phil Show, he was going over holiday etiquette.

One of the topics was talking about when to tell kids about Santa Claus. Most of the audience voted to tell them when they figure it out on their own.

Now, I'm 23, and know there is no such thing as Santa. However, I still look forward to getting gifts from him every year. There is nothing wrong with still believing in Santa and pretending for the kids in your life. If it makes you happy and gets your mind off the tough times everyone is going though, there is nothing wrong with believing in him.

The next topic- Do you have to buy a gift for someone just because they bought one for you? The etiquette expert said no, and I totally agree. Especially if it was a surprise gift, and you hadn't been planning on buying that person something in the first place. Most of the audience voted yes because they would feel guilty.

Regifting was a big topic. I'm okay with it (even though I have only done it once) for some circumstances, as long as you don't give something to the person who gave it to you previously. Be mindful of the group of friends who will be viewing the gift and can tell if you've regifted it.

The rest of the show was about obnoxious people at office parties and stuff like that.

The point of this post? Mind your manners, and there is nothing wrong with still believing in the man in the red suit. I still do.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

haha this is great. And yes, I agree....why not believe in him even though you really don't?! LoL.

rachaelgking said...

Hahaha! Me too! My stocking doesn't fill itself MAGICALLY, after all...

CIP said...

I love pretending that Santa is still real. It just makes the whole Christmas season more magical!