Monday, January 3, 2011

My 2011 goals.

I've never been a big resolution maker. I like to set attainable goals for myself instead. This year, I have quite a few. Check them out!

- Get my photography business website up and running. (It's up, but needs to be updated. There will be a launch in a few weeks)

- Get my photography business up and running. I have a BFA in Photography, but the only problem is the program I studied with didn't offer any guidance for after graduation if the students wanted to open a commercial business. So, I'm in the dark, and need to do some research!

- Get back in the dating game (maybe I'll make an online profile? Who wants to help?)

- Find a permanent job with benefits. I'm on a temporary health insurance plan right now, and would love to find a good job that I enjoy with benefits before that runs out.

- Make some more friends up here. I have a few friends, but we don't hang out much. I want to change that!

- Put some money into my new savings account. I need to start saving some money, and now is the perfect time to do it! I'm also using this savings account to put some money away for new things around the house I want, like a grill. My best friend (a former chef at Emeril's) will be living in my city over the summer, so it'll be nice to have that option. We love grilling out, so I hope to have some money put aside for one by then.

- Paint my bedroom. This has been on my to-do list for quite a while, and I definitely want to knock it out soon.

- Use my new sewing machine a lot. (Maybe I'll make a skin suit? ha ha just kidding)
- Take a few classes at JoAnn's or Michael's.

- Get back into blogging. I know, I've neglected you all, and I'm sorry. I hope to get back into the swing of things real soon.

- Take at least one picture a day. It doesn't have to be strictly of myself. It can be anything.

- Lose some weight. I'm not putting a number on this, because if I don't get that number, I'll be mad at myself. This weight loss journey is a slow and steady roller coaster, and I'll be happy to lose anything. I would love to meet the goal my dad and I set for myself this year, so I'm aiming for that. (Plus, it comes with a nice reward!)

What are your goals for this year?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love these goals. I hope that 2011 is an excellent year for you. I have a good feeling about it. :)

Heather said...

Congrats on your goals! I know you can do it :)