I have the blues.
The unemployment blues.
I miss being unemployed. There, I said it.
I miss sleeping past 6:10am. I miss grocery shopping in the middle of the morning with the old ladies. I miss crafting and cleaning the house during the week. I miss going to the gym in the early afternoon. I hate doing all that at night when I'm tired from work, or on the weekends.
Does that make me selfish? Don't get my wrong, I like working. But, I was in school and not working (then unemployed for a few months after I graduated) for 6+ years. It's hard to go from unemployed one week, to working 40 hours a week the next. It's hard to get used to, and it's draining on the body. Even though I sit at a desk all day, it's exhausting.
Every day that I go into work, I could be told that it's my last day. I'm still actively looking for a FT position (with benefits of course) that's not through a temp/staffing agency. It's stressful not knowing how long I'll be at this current job, and how long it will be between jobs once I'm done with this current one.
It's pretty obvious what I need to do. I need to marry a rich man and become a housewife.
2 comments:
Girl, I hear you. Every day I pray to win the lottery. I guess it would help if I played the lottery though, right? :)
I pray and play.....no luck so far....
Post a Comment