Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Currently reading...

I'm currently reading Hunter S. Thompson's Hell's Angels. I picked up this book a few weeks ago at Barnes and Noble, and was told by my daddy that I had to read Thompson's book first. So, he dug out a few of his works, and I'm 56 pages in. I'm enjoying it so far. However, it's a little outdated. I like Thompson's writing style, and I'm fascinated with the subject. 

I've been curious about the Hell's Angels, and motorcycles in general, for quite some time. It all started on a family road trip, when a pack of them were traveling on the highway next to our minivan. My brother and I were told not to stare, but I couldn't help it. They were so interesting to look at, and each one of them looked so different, yet the same. The fascination with them inevitably wore off, but has recently resurfaced. I have quite a few friends who ride motorcycles, and they have inadvertently fueled this Hell's Angels attraction. 

What are you currently reading? Why?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joey LOVED that book! I'm currently reading "A Love Like No Other: Stories from Adoptive Parents." It's great because it's short essays. I'll have it done by this week, and then I can start reading TEXTBOOKS. Yuck!