Monday, May 24, 2010

Guest Post: Five Minute Chocolate Cake

Hi everyone! I'm still on vacation, so enjoy today's guest poster!-HK


Hello all! The names BB. How ya doin'?

The lovely HK is still on vacation (um, can I get a vacation this long please?) so I am here to talk about the essential laziness of college students. And... people in general.

This can be summed up by Five Minute Chocolate Cake.

Yes, you can make chocolate cake in five minutes- at your own risk. Does anyone else already know about this and I am just (fashionably!) late to the party? I found out via Krissy and the conversation went something like this:

Krissy: Let's make Five Minute Chocolate Cake!

Me: I'm so stressed out. Classes, period, cookies and... you said chocolate. Cake? Me? No, you're baking, I'll eat it.

Krissy: It takes five minutes!

Me: Have you SEEN me in the kitchen?!


It's true folks. BB is many, many things: actor, techie, CNA, avid book reader, procrastinator and science geek- but a baker I am not. They say you can't actually burn water, well I say they haven't seen my cooking skills- so hah!

On to the cake that was supposed to cure my baking woes.

Don't try this at home! ... Go to a friend's house! 

Ingredients

(Hot Cocoa mix, Vanilla, WHITE flour, 
Eggs, Chocolate chips, Milk and Sugar.)



Directions
4 Tablespoons cake flour
4 Tablespoons sugar
2 Tablespoons cocoa
1 Egg
3 Tablespoons milk
3 Tablespoons oil
1 Mug
 
Mix the ingredients in the mug. 
And then you through it in the microwave for three minutes! 



It turned out horrible for us. And by horrible, I mean disgusting-instanteously-hard-tack horrible! 

This might be because we used whole grain flour. Sigh. 

I hope you have better luck than we did!

-BB





2 comments:

Erin said...

I will be trying this thankyouverymuch. I wish I had some vanilla, I'd try it right now.

Angela said...

I've tried microwave chocolate cake before, and even if you use regular flour, it's just gross. Maybe I'm a little bit of a cake snob, because apparently there are people out there who like it! :)