*Katie is a dirty-minded, dirty-worded blogger who is making the jump from "distasteful" to "prim and proper" thanks to the use of s
You can find her on Twitter (@KatieBlogs), Facebook (/KatieKatieKatieKatie), her blog (katieblogs.com), and in the self-help section of Barnes and Noble
Dear Readers of Blue Eyed Blonde,
Shalom!
I'm not Jewish.
But I am honored to be the first Guest Poster of this week while Miss Hayley is living it up. Whenever I guest post, I always ask the same questions: "When, where,
...Hi Mom!
I always wonder, though. Who gets more pride out of having Guest Posters? The person hosting, or the guest poster themselves? I checked out Miss Hayley's lineup of posters this week, and I think they're all smashingly delicious. So, does Miss Hayley get to be all "Look at who I KNOW. They're GUEST POSTING for ME!"
Or, does the pride lie with the Guest Poster? My view is personally stands here, as when someone asks me to do a Guest Post, I smile, and think "Wow, really? I mean, I know I'm a blogger, but there are so many amazing bloggers that I know, am I really someone that people "want" to guest post?" What can I say? I'm the modest type. I always find it amazing that people who I've never met, want me to blog for them. And trust me enough to give me access to their blog. I wonder if I asked for bank account access she's give it to me. (That's a joke. Kinda.)
The blogging community itself is an interesting one. You have a lot of little "groups". You have the Mommy Bloggers, the Technology Bloggers, the Business Bloggers, and then you have people like Hayley and myself, the Personal Bloggers. Personal bloggers (especially those who are involved with Twenty Something Bloggers) have a certain connection that many people just don't understand. In the blogging community we have this saying, "Non-Bloggers just don't understand". It's the truth, because you know, most of us don't lie.
Every now and then I like to do a little reality check of my 'blogging life". What have I done in the past year? Who have I met? Who have I lost contact with? What have I learned? This year, my list in incredibly long, and I won't bore you with the details, but I will say that I've met some amazing and life changing people who I value so very greatly. I also have made some connections that were short lived, but poignant. I've announced and admitted to my bout with depression and suicide. I've picked up an inspirational 30-day life coaching program that changed and saved my life. I've built a circle of friends that I wouldn't change for the world. I've gotten all of this from a few million strokes of the keyboard.
...Did I really just write a guest post on a blog about blogging? Yes, yes I did. For those of you bloggers who read here, what have you done so far in 2010 in your blogging life that's been exceptionally amazing. And, [hayley's] Mom, what do you think about the blogging community? Do you blog? I kind of want to know a little about you!
Love and Lollipops,
Katie [Blogs].
1 comment:
I love that you wrote a guest post on blogging.
I also love how you "like to do a little reality check of your blogging life." I think it's time for me to do one of my own!
I find that being a personal blogger is the hardest to explain to non-bloggers, they just don't understand why I'd want to share my life like that. At least with food bloggers and photographers, they have a specific category that they fall into that makes it easier for people to understand why they do it. I don't mind that people don't understand why I do it, I just love doing it! (TWSS)
Post a Comment