Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Cruise Recap #1.

This is the first of a series of posts that will recap the cruise. At this point, I don't know how long it will take to recap it all, so you'll just have to keep checking back!



Sunday 5/16
After a 3.5 hour drive to Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale, we boarded the ship around 1:30 and immediately went to check out our staterooms. My brother and I stay in a cabin together, and were surprised when we walked in. My parents had gotten us a room with a balcony! We usually are in steerage (j/k) in a room with no windows, so we were ecstatic to find a balcony. After putting a few things away, we headed up to the creperie for a late lunch. It was delicious. We walked around until our muster drill (thank goodness we didn't have to wear life jackets this time!), then headed to meet some people Mom and I had "met" on a message board.



After dinner, we explored the ship some more, since we had never been on this one before. It's a gorgeous ship, and I would definitely sail on her again.



Monday 5/17
Monday was a sea day, so no stops in port. This gave us a chance to explore some more, and to go to the Corning Museum Hot Glass Show. Yes, the ship had 3 glass blowers who did 2-3 shows a day. They made all sorts of amazing and gorgeous items. Plus, they were pretty good looking, so that was a plus. ha ha. Dad, Jimmy, and I all went to a demo at the Molecular Bar. This bar was the best on board. It features cocktails specialty made for the bar by a molecular mixologist. They're such "out there" drinks that we can't reproduce them at home. Some have liquid nitrogen on top, and some have amazing foams on top. We became friends with the bartender, and she even added my brother and I on facebook. 




This evening was the first formal night. I love formal nights. I love getting all dressed up, and walking around with my brother who wears his tuxedo. Dad and I always get a professional picture on one of the formal nights. We opted to do it on Friday night since I liked that dress better, so you'll just have to wait to see that one. 


Come back tomorrow for the recap of Puerto Rico, which was my favorite port!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look amazing, Hayley! :) I can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip.

xo
Katie

Erin said...

1 Word: Jealous.

Ok, ok, maybe two: Awesome. :)

Angela said...

You look gorgeous! :) I can't wait for the next recap!

Anonymous said...

UMM how freaking AWSOME! Glass blowing, too cool!!

You look great BTW! I can not wait to see the formal daddy/daughter shot from Friday!

xo
-K

JB said...

Looks like a blast!

Fuegita said...

That drink looks awesome. Gorgeous pic with your dad! I wanna go on a cruise really bad now