This is the second of a series of posts that will recap the cruise. At this point, I don't know how long it will take to cover it all, so you'll just have to keep checking back!
Tuesday 5/18
Today, we docked in San Juan, Puerto Rico at 2 pm. With such a late docking, we got a chance to see the ship pulling into port, instead of just waking up in a new location. Both are cool, but I enjoyed seeing most of the island this way. I've always wanted to go to PR, and almost went a few years ago with Ex 3 who's family is from there.
That morning, as you may have seen on facebook, I burned the shit out of my hand on my dying Chi hair straightener. I went to medical and they put some burn gunk on it to help it heal, and wrapped me up! I went to a cooking demonstration with dad, and was debating on wearing the "glove" into PR. I opted not to, thank goodness.
at the cooking demo.
After pulling into port, the 4 of us got off the ship and met up with a co worker of my mom's who was on the island for family business. I called my friend who lives there, and we were set to meet around 5 when he got off work (which never happened by the way. I was bummed). Paco showed us all of Old San Juan, and El Morro. He took us to a bakery that he used to go to as a kid. Those pastries were delicious. Mom and Dad left us to go back to the ship at this point, so my brother and I headed to Senor Frogs! After a few free shots, a Yard of Strawberry Daquiri, and a few Long Island Ice Teas I had the shots and daquiri, brother had the Long Islands), we were back on the boat.
It was windy pulling into San Juan.
El Morro.
after Senor Frogs.
The ship pulled out of port at 10pm, and we waved goodbye to PR. This was definitely my favorite port, and I really want to go back.
Come back tomorrow to read about our adventures in St. Thomas and St. John!

4 comments:
PR is absolutely amazing and I love the photos. Your poor hand! I hope it's doing better now. I can't wait to see photos of St. Thomas and St. John.
Dang Chi! Hope you're all healed up! The pics are great! I hope to go there one day!
I love it!
I wish I could see ALL the photos you took. lol
I tried to comment on this yesterday, but my lappy is dumb. That bakery looks interesting.
Post a Comment