Prompt: Party. What social gathering rocked your socks off in 2010? Describe the people, music, food, drink, clothes, shenanigans.
It was May 1. Kentucky Derby Day (I love wearing a big hat on Derby Day). It was also the wedding day of a girl I grew up with. I was so excited for her, and actually wanted to attend this wedding. I got up early, straightened my newly short hair, and gathered up my stuff for the weekend in Inverness. I beat my parents there so I checked in to our rooms and waited. I hung out with the brides family and had a few drinks. Then it was time for the ceremony! It was a beautiful small, outdoor ceremony, with their son serving as ring bearer.
Then, it was time for the party to really get started. We all filed into the reception room, and hit up the open bar. The DJ played a few of the first dance songs, then we all hit up the buffet. The food was surprisingly good for wedding venue buffet food. Most people went back for seconds.
Time for the dance party to begin! We all danced for hours. The DJ did a great job mixing in newer stuff for us younger kids, and older stuff for the parents and grandparents in the room. Of course he played the Electric Slide, Macarena, Chicken Dance, and The Train. What kind of DJ would he be if he hadn't? Let me just say, I'm the Electric Slide Queen. I will dance with that song anywhere.
After a few of us flipped the bride and groom's mattress in their hotel room, it was time for the after party to begin. I, however, apparently had other plans. I sat on the bed to get clothes out of my bag, took one look down, and fell onto the bed and fell right asleep. I'm not ashamed. It helped to not have a hangover the next day, unlike some other people in out party (coughmomcough).
It was a wonderful time. Fun is always had with my other family.

No comments:
Post a Comment