Tuesday, December 14, 2010

#Reverb10- Day 14.

Prompt: Appreciate. What's the one thing you have come to appreciate most in the past year? How do you express gratitude for it?


I didn't think it was possible. But, I came to appreciate my family even more than I already did. I know it's corny and cliche, but I really don't know where I'd be without them. From my brother's pep talks (I just one a great one last night), to the never ending support of my parents no matter what I was doing or wanted to do. When I wanted to drive 8 hours to see a boy I hadn't seen in 4 years, and that they had never met, they were all for it, as long as I kept them up to date on my movements throughout the trip. When I graduated college, they were the first ones to say "let's have a party and invite whoever you want!" I love random weekends my brother visits, where he plays his PS3 on my awesome TV, and I just hang out. Just having him here with me is all I need sometimes. We may get on each other's nerves sometimes (we are both very stubborn), but I know he's the only brother for me. To show my appreciation to him, I am the good big sister and buy him food whenever we hang out. ha ha. For my parents, I make them homemade gifts, usually involving pictures of us, and I tell them I love them every time we talk. I (hope) I don't have to shower them with gifts for them to know I love them and appreciate them. 

What have you come to appreciate in the last year? Is it family like me, or something else?

No comments: