Thursday, December 16, 2010

#Reverb10 Day 16.

Prompt: Friendship. How has a friend changed you or your perspective on the world this year? Was this change gradual, or a sudden burst?

I've known Katie since 2003, when we worked together at my first job. I've known Joey since I was a little tot running around our neighborhood. We lost touch after we both moved, but were reunited (and it felt so good... sorry) a few years back. In 2009, Katie let me in on her pseudo secret blog, and I was hooked. I read almost all of her archived posts in one day. With the end of 2009 being so sucky for me, Katie and I bonded even more. Over the course of 2010 we emailed almost every day. We talked about life, the boys I was interested in, the course her infertility has taken her (and Joey) on, etc. 

My heart broke for them when I read those archived posts. They are some of the few people in this world that I think would make amazing parents, and I couldn't believe they were (and still are) having such a hard time fulfilling this dream of theirs. I wanted to give my lady parts so they could have a little bundle of joy (I'm sure I probably did at one point). It made me angry. It made me sad when they decided to put a pause on fertility treatments, but I (from the outside) understood. I can't understand what they're going through.

I'm through the roof excited for them to pursue adoption next year. I know they are going to make some of the best parents I know. I can't wait to meet the little boy or girl they get to take home. 

This new perspective has been a gradual one I would say. I've learned a lot from Katie and from some of the links and articles she has shared. I hope to learn a lot more this coming year. If you want to learn more, check out Resolve. Why don't you go show Katie some lovin while you're at it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, you already know that you made me cry with this. And truly? You made my day. Thank you so much. I love having you as one of my best friends.

xo