Wednesday, December 1, 2010

#Reverb10- Day 1.

Prompt: One word. Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you're choosing that word. Now, imagine it's one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you?

2010 was freeing.

Shortly before 2010 started, the boy who I thought I would spend the rest of my life with broke up with me (over the phone I might add). And, strangely, I wasn't heart broken. I had thought about doing the deed for months before hand, so I was actually glad one of us had grown a pair and ended a relationship that (to put it mildly) just wasn't working out. I cried that first night, and that was about it. A few weeks after wards, I was planning a 2 week vacation to North Carolina, I was in the early planning stages for my college Graduation, and I was so happy to be by myself. 

And almost 1 year later, I'm still happy he broke up with me. I have done so much in this last year that I would not have been able to do if I was still with him. I traveled all over the east coast of the United States. I went on a week long cruise with my amazing family to celebrate my college graduation (and my baby brother's 21st birthday). To make a long list short, I've been living life how I should have been living the last few years. I have nobody to hold me back, and I'm enjoying myself to the fullest.

I hope 2011's word to be fantastic. I hope that in 2011, I can keep up the good mojo that 2010 had going on. 

Check back every day in December (and yes, that means Saturday and Sunday) to see what else #reverb10 has in store for me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for you! Plus, since "he" isn't around, you got to take me to Tally, haha. :)

Anonymous said...

I love this post. I hope 2011 is fantastic for you, too.