Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Here Comes Peter Cottontail.

Easter is fast approaching. I've always been a fan of this holiday. I absolutely love dying eggs, it's my favorite part! I like making them 2 or 3 different colors after drawing on them with some crayons. I usually write my name on one, and draw weird shapes on the other ones. I leave the boiling eggs part to my momma since she's so good at it.

My next favorite part, of course, is the easter egg hunt! The eggs my brother and I hunted were filled with candy and coins. One year, we didn't find the last one, and found it a few months later. Of course, it had chocolate in it. Ew!

When the Easter bunny would visit when I was a kid, my basket always had some Cadbury Creme Eggs and a white chocolate bunny in it. I love me some white chocolate and Cadbury Creme Eggs!

Mom and I would decorate the house with homemade bunnies. It's so easy to draw them. Draw a B, put some ears on top, and a ruffly tail at the bottom of the B on the left side. Voila! Try it. :)

I haven't been home for Easter in a few years, but will be this year. I'm excited! (I still love you Kelli!) I hope the Easter Bunny comes to visit while I'm home!

Now, tell me about your favorite Easter memories!

3 comments:

JB said...

I am a white chocolate bunny fan myself! :)

I don't remember this, but my grandma has gorgeous pics of me when I was a toddler in huge frilly dresses and my easter basket out in the yard hunting for eggs. My face is the best part, I look like I want to rip the dress straight off! haha

Anonymous said...

My favorite was dying the eggs, too! I also left the boiling to my mom. To this day, I *still* mess up boiling eggs. It's really sad.

Angela said...

I still dye Easter eggs! I always got a white chocolate bunny in my basket, but lately, I think I've outgrown my white chocolate phase.