Jess, over at Classy in Philly posted today about clearing her mind and sort of starting fresh last weekend.
Well, I did the same thing this weekend. When my out of town guests couldn't make it, I decided to pack up and head home for the weekend. I needed some time on the compound with my parents. I told my friend Ashley I'd be coming and that I wanted to see her and her daughter. Other than that, nobody down there knew I was coming. I tried to be less dependent on my phone and computer. I went "off the grid" for most of Saturday. And you know what? It didn't kill me. I hung out with my dad, Ashley, and Mallory for most of Saturday. Mallory and I ran around the house, played with sidewalk chalk and finger painted while Ashley got her house ready for Mal's bday party next weekend. That little (almost) 3 year old made me forget about everything going on and gave me so many cuddles and kisses. She was just what I had been needing. I went shopping with my mom late Saturday afternoon and Sunday. The whole family went out to a nice Japanese dinner last night. I needed this weekend to get my recharged for this crazy week ahead.
Some pics of my day with Miss Mal.
We tried on goofy hats at Party City while Ashley shopped.
5 comments:
Awwww, I love those pics! I'm so glad you had a good weekend and a chance to refuel. :)
Glad you cleared you head!!
You know me! I love the ellie pics!!
xo
-K
I LOVE the elephant picture. Best. Picture. Ever.
:o) ily
Sometimes all we need is a weekend like this! It feels so good to have one every one and a while. I love the pictures, and Mal is adorable!!
These pictures are great - it looks like you guys had lots of fun!
Post a Comment