Thursday, March 4, 2010

Starting Over.

So, as I'm in class today, taking notes, and multitasking on facebook chat with NC Friend, I refreshed my news feed. And, a baby announcement popped up. Awesome. Congrats to them.

And then, it suddenly hit me. I feel as though I'm behind the curve. Most of the people on my facebook that I graduated high school with/are my age are married, married with kids, have kids, or have been in a relationship since we graduated. I'm definitely behind the curve now. I sort of felt this way while Big Ex and I were together because there wasn't much talk of marriage at any point in our relationship. But now, I really have to start over with this whole life plan thing. 


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

More than anything, I couldn't wait to get married right after college, settle down, and start a family. I achieved dreams #1 and #2, but (as you know) dream #3 still hasn't come along.

I'm not patient, so learning how to wait for #3 has not been easy and it's still an ongoing process. But even if I don't get that dream this year or next year or the year after... even if it's FIVE years down the road before I get dream #3, I will still be okay. In fact, I'll be that much more excited for it. I'll be a better mother for having waited and gone through this, just like you are already going to have a better understanding of where you stand in a relationship for what you've been through.

What I'm saying is this: You'll know when you find the one. The one may NOT be the next person you find yourself in a relationship with, or even the one after that. It may be someone you've known for five days or someone you've known for five years. But you'll have better expectations (you should!) and you'll end up with a much better partnership than most of those people on Facebook.

Besides, you shouldn't have to make a man fall in love with you, Hayley. The right man will be the one who falls in love with you when you aren't even trying.

<3

Fuegita said...

Ok, like I said on twitter, we are so much alike!! I played flute in high school. Though I continued with piccolo in college. Was in Marching Band! I absolute hate A Christmas Story. I collect shot glasses. I love reading. And probably about a million other things. Excited to get to know more about you!! *hugs*

Mom said...

Katie hit the nail on the head!

Erin said...

*hands you a margarita*

Right there with you sister! But you know what is so awesome about all of this? Now is the time to do all of the things that you can't do in a relationship or with kids. Soak it up baby! When all of this happens, we'll be wishing it was like it is now. So let's have some drinks, make some memories, and have a freakin' blast. You want stories to tell you kids, right?

Lovers you! :)

Rachael said...

Everything will happen at the exact time that it is supposed to. <3