Well, last week was a whirlwind. Monday and Tuesday i was getting ready for a 3 day workshop I was attending that Wed-Fri for my Alternative Process photo class. I wasn't really looking forward to the workshop, and felt pressured to go. But, I am so happy I went and it was such a great opportunity. Literally, a once in a lifetime opportunity. The workshop was held downtown at the Museum of Contemporary Art Jacksonville (MOCAJ), which my school owns. The visiting artist was a really cool guy named Dan Estabrook. He taught us the albumen process. This involves lots of egg whites (smelly), silver nitrate (turns your skin brown), and lots of patience. He also taught us how to tone our prints with gold to get a different look.
Oh, you want to see what I produced? Well, here you go. (Just a sampling taken with my iPhone).


4 comments:
those look really cool... im sure that the process stunk though... egg whites? okay to eat... im not a fan of the smell..
It sounds like it was such a great opportunity, once you get past the smelly parts!
Your photos look great!
Those look amazing, Hayley. You are so talented.
Dude! <3
Post a Comment