Monday, February 15, 2010

Weekend.

What a crazy roller coaster weekend. It was filled with happiness, sadness, tears, joy, boredom, and hyperness. 

My mom was here for less than 24 hours, and we got A LOT done. We were crafty, we stimulated the Jacksonville economy, & we bonded. She brought me props for some photo shoots, and replenished my pantry/fridge/freezer. She rocks my gloves. (She'll get that joke).

The sadness and tears you ask? My bestie got engaged. I'm happy for her, but it just made me realize again what I don't have anymore. I'm glad she called to tell me so I didn't have to read it all over the internet. LOL. I wish I could be happier and express it to her, but I just can't right now, and I'm glad she understands.

Number of trips talked about, or planned, or got permission for- 4. My travels will begin on Spring Break. Orlando for one of my nieces birthday's. Going to PA (Easter weekend) for my goddaughter's birthday/deliver the scrapbook I'm working on for her. My awesome parents booked the cruise for my graduation/my brother's 21st birthday (Eastern Caribbean)! I'll be going to North Carolina at some point. I'm thinking after the cruise. 

I'm really excited for NC. It'll be nice to get out of town, visit someone who showers me with compliments, explore some new cities, and talk art. We're planning quite a few photo shoots (it'll be nice to be the model for a change!!). We are going to spend a day in Asheville going to the Biltmore and Black Mountain College Museum (I learned about it in school, so it will be cool to actually go there) and exploring the artsy part of town. We're going to go camping, white water rafting (never been!) and hiking. He makes vases and bowls and stuff with wood, so we might make something for me. :)

Mom and I watched the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics. I was bored for most of it. I did like the totem poles (I'm a sucker for a totem pole), the ice breaking, and the whales and salmon swimming. That's about it. The only thing I could think of at the end with Wayne Gretzky was the Goldfinger song "Wayne Gretzky". (Check it out, it's hilarious).

Emmy's scrapbook is coming along nicely. Last year, I did it all within about 2 weeks. I almost lost my mind. So, this time around, I'm trying to spread it out so I don't have to rush to finish it.

Yesterday was easier than I thought it would be (besides the phone call from bestie). I'm not going to lie, for a while I would have killed for Anthony to be here. Then I started facebook chatting with NC Friend, and realized I just wanted someone here with me. My love Erin helped last night. :)

How was your weekend?

7 comments:

Erin said...

"I'm a sucker for a totem pole." TWSS, lol.

Yay for lunch with Mom Zipp and crafting. I had fun. :)

PS Next weekend is foodie hibernation crafting weekend and you're welcome to come over any time. :)

Angela said...

You have so many exciting trips planned out! White water rafting is fun. I went once, and we only did little rapids (since it was a beginners trip), but we all had a blast.

Rachael said...

You're coming to PA? Me+You+Kelli=meet up? k thanks :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your best friend - that's awesome news! :)

Heather said...

Yay for mom time and bonding!!! That's always a great thing. Congrats to your bestie. Yay for your upcoming trips. I wish I could take some.

Anonymous said...

Hooray for mom bonding time! Those are the best weekends. :) And you have a lot of exciting things coming up. I'm really looking forward to them for you!

rachaelgking said...

I think having things to look forward to like trips is a great thing... helps you take your mind off other stuff!