Well, Thursday afternoon was the afternoon from hell. I found out I won't be graduating at the end of this semester. This time, it's my fault, because I failed a class last semester. I'll be taking a final Art History course during Summer B, and graduate in the first few days of August. The class I'll be taking is "British Art: From Hogarth to Hirst". And yes, it's with the same teacher as my failed class. It's my only option since the cruise is already booked. I've had her before, and she's a really great teacher. The class last semester was hard, didn't really interest me, and everything going on with Anthony had my mind in a different place than it needed to be.
Anyway.
I was upset, & I cried. But you know, I'm the only one to blame for this one. I got over it pretty quickly after some pep talks from my parents. In the end, I'm happy graduation wasn't pushed back to December or next Spring. I can handle another 12 weeks (class will only be two days a week for 6 weeks). All my trips will now just be some early celebrations! My Graduation Supplies order has been canceled and refunded. I'll have to go through and application process again in the beginning of the summer. I may have hit a speed bump, but I can still see the light at the end of the tunnel!
7 comments:
You really have a great attitude about this. Keep thinking positive and knowing that there is a very bright light at the end of the tunnel--and you're almost there!
(((hugs)))
You go girl! :)
You truly do have a great attitude about this! Because of that, taking this class over again is going to be so much easier. Good luck!
I graduated in Aug. It was actually a blessing. I think you are in a better place now. With such a great attitude; maybe taking this class over the summer you will see what blessings it holds for you or what doors open.
Keep your head up & keep on trucking!
ily
xo
K
I'm going to ditto everyone else—what a great attitude you have about the situation! As someone who has had to retake a class or two, I empathize with your situation. There's tears and times when I want to punch myself—until I realize that all I can do is move forward and keep trying.
Good luck, and keep us posted!
Awww... Hayley... :( I can understand your frustration, but you are so positive and that's what'll get you through it! I love the fact that you take every bump with stride and class! xo
UGH. I'm glad that you cried and got it out. I'm a big promoter of this (because I love a good cry!!).
You'll make it happen...you can do it!! :)
Post a Comment