Thursday, February 11, 2010

The One Where I Talk About the Last 8 Weeks.

2 months.
8 weeks.
60 days.

I can not believe The Big Night was 2 months ago. It's still pretty surreal to me.

Big Ex came over the other night to get some more stuff (and will tonight. I keep finding crap). I feel absolutely nothing when he walks in. I'm so happy I can finally say that. There's no desire for "friends with benefits". No desire to even hang out with him at all.

I'm still debating on cutting all ties with him. I don't want to lose his parents, though. They were such a big part of my life for 3.5 years, and we are still friendly. I think once he moves out of his parents house it will be easier. As you all know, my car was broken in to, and the window part is on backorder. I contacted the woman who ordered it for me, and asked if she could just call me when it finally gets in. I'm tired of having to ask him to call her for me, then to call me back. It never works, and I'd rather just deal with her directly. She agreed, so that's one less thing I have to depend on him for. 

I don't think we'll ever be completely free of each other. How can you be after spending so long with someone?

I made some great friendships with his work friends while we were together. Or, at least, I thought they were great friendships. When I was there a few weeks ago getting my brakes fixed, one guy wouldn't even look at me while I was 2 feet away from him, having a conversation with the group. A few other guys are still talking to me, though. I guess they have a different story as to what happened, because none of this was my fault.

I can't wait to see what the future holds.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I admire you, so much. I have always admired your strength when you have gone through the tough things you have gone through. But I see [even more now] What a STRONG & INDEPENDENT woman you are. I really look up to you. I dont think I would be half as strong as you are if I were in your shoes, wait no I know I wouldn't be. Kuddos!

ily.

xo
K

Anonymous said...

You are doing so great, Hayley. You are so strong and keeping yourself together so well. I'm very proud of how you've handled the last 8 weeks! It will get easier from here on out, trust me, and you have exciting stuff ahead of you. I just know it. :)

xo

Heather said...

You are doing great!!! Keep on being great and strong.

Erin said...

You're def doing much better than I, but I guess we all heal at different rates. Congrats. I'm glad you are doing well.

And glad we're friends again, especially during this time. It's nice to know someone who is going through similiar situations. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you're feeling so much better about everything and I think in time it'll be even easier. That sucks about the car break in though!

Angela said...

You're incredibly strong, and you'll come out a better person for having to deal with this!