Thursday, October 28, 2010

About job searching.

This whole job hunting business is starting to get the best of me. I've been applying for jobs since before I graduated on July 30. I haven't had much luck, until this week. I've had 2 in person interviews and 2 phone interviews. I don't know why all of a sudden I'm getting all these calls and interviews.

Why can't companies make a decision faster than "you'll hear from us in a few weeks"... I'm not that patient, and would love to find out within a week whether I have the job or not. I know they have other people to interview, but does it really need to take you 2-3 weeks to make a decision?

I really don't want to work retail. I've grown up and matured, and don't feel like I want to be stuck in the retail world again. But, if I have to, then I will. I got rejected by Target, but a friend who works there has talked to his manager for me. 

Before this venture into the real world, I've gotten almost every job I ever interviewed for. Publix didn't hire me back in high school. Other than that, if I interviewed for it, the job was mine. So, these few months have been a little different and frustrating for me.

I really hope I find something soon so I can stop stressing, and so people will stop asking the dreaded "How's the job search going?" question. I'm sooo sick of that question. I want to punch whoever asks me. To protect me, and to protect my sanity, please don't ask. You will know when I find something. Trust me, I'll be screaming from the rooftops.


UPDATE: After I posted this earlier, I got 2 phone calls. I have an interview tomorrow morning at 9am and another on Tuesday at 4pm! Let's hope one of these works out!

1 comment:

S.I.F. said...

When I first moved to Alaska, I interviewed for 2 months and was starting to get SO frustrated. I seriously was afraid that I would never find the perfect job!

Then one day I went on an interview for a job I really wanted, and they called me that afternoon and asked me to start the next day! After 2 months of waiting, it seriously happened SO FAST!

That was over 2 years ago now, and I've been happily at the same place since! I hope you have the same luck! :)