Tuesday, October 19, 2010

200 posts- a confession.

This is my 200th post. And, in honor of that, I'll be talking about something I haven't really talked about with anyone.

Sometimes, I contemplate moving home to Orlando. 

Although, realistically I know that won't be happening anytime soon. A friend (and ex-b/f) says I'm in denial and will eventually end up back in Orlando. Maybe he's right. But, I laugh it off, because it isn't in the cards right now. I know I'm never stuck anywhere, but with the housing market the way it is now, I know there is no way I'd be able to sell or even rent my condo. And, I don't want to. It's mine. I've had some of the best memories here and can't wait to create more. I've had fun decorating and turning it from an empty house into a warm and inviting home. I love this city and consider it my new hometown. I love exploring it, and being so close to the beach. Having a football team in the city is awesome, and I love going to games.

I have many acquaintances here and back home. However, I only talk to and hang out with a handful of people on a regular basis. I have a hard time making new friends. I can talk to anyone, anywhere, about anything. I'm the girl talking to you about nothing in line at the grocery store. I lost quite a bit of my friend circle with the break up. Guess they weren't good friends to begin with, huh? I'm one of those "have a few really good friends" instead of "have a ton of not so good friends" kind of girls. I hate when people that I introduced become cliquey and (I know they do it unintentionally) leave me out of the loop. It makes things really frustrating. It's happening now and has happened before, so you would think I'd be used to it by now, but I'm not. I guess it doesn't help that they are there, and I am here. I miss out on a lot, and it sucks.

Being here in Jacksonville has created a whole new relationship with my parents. Hi Mom and Dad! We have always had a wonderful bond, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. However, it's totally different now that I'm up here. When they come to visit, I'm giddy during the few days leading up to their visit. I can't wait to drive home and hang out with them for a weekend. If I was living back in Orlando, I honestly don't think our relationship would be as good as it is today.

While there are many things calling me home, there are even more things keeping me up here in my new hometown. (Like the fact that my Biffle will hopefully be living up here for a few months after he gets out of the Navy! I'm so excited for that!) I'm sure I'll be conflicted if I stay here or move home. But as of right now, Jacksonville is where I'm planning on staying for quite a while. Now it's time to find a job (or a sugar daddy!).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love jax too! If things in my life would have been different I would still be there too!

I admire you for being so strong and creating a life for yourself there!!

I promise, when there is a 3 day weekend w.public schools Em & I will come visit again!! I think there is one in Nov

xo
-K

Lelia♥ said...

Im really your staying stong:) Im happy im staying here too. Its tough to be here alone without a good "network" of friends. I know cause all mine just left with there husbands to new duty stations. If u ever wanna meet up for lunch or something im always all over town. :)

Anonymous said...

Even though I would love for you to move back here, I'm proud of you for being such a strong, independent woman. You go girl!