Sorry I haven't been around much. I haven't had much to talk about.
However, I've been DIYing away the last few weeks, and wanted to show you my biggest accomplishment so far.
I've had this hideous gold framed mirror for over a year now and it's just been sitting in my craft room, and then my garage. Big Ex's mom gave it to me when their house flooded. I knew I wanted to paint it and hang it somewhere. I just didn't know where. Until I had the idea to put it in my dining room. Then, I just had to get around to painting it! Well, that day was last week. I'm so happy with how it turned out.
First, I cleaned it up a bit, then put paper over the mirror.
Then, I got out my new toy with my black spray paint, and went to town with the paint. (For anyone who uses spray paint regularly, I HIGHLY recommend the Can Gun. I had no paint on my hands after I got done!)
I let it dry for 24 hours because I'm weird like that and didn't want to get black paint everywhere in my house. This thing is heavy, so finding hardware (that I already had, I didn't want to buy more) was a bit tricky. But, I did it.
I then added some of my own photographs on either side because the mirror looked lonely all by itself on the wall. (I hope Kelli doesn't kill me).
So, that is my dining room "transformation". I found a few things at World Market yesterday that I want to get to replace the paper lanterns in the corner once Halloween is over. And yes, I do stop and look at myself in the mirror everytime I pass it. It's just so new and fun that I can't help it!
4 comments:
looks gorgeous!
It looks amazing. You are so talented. <3
Well done! You're following in family footsteps by having a mirror in your dining room.....there was always one on Franklin St and there's one here.
Looks great! No I am not going to 'kill' you! I like that pic and I am honored to be on any wall in your home!
That mirror looks like a brand new one, way better than before!
xo
-K
Post a Comment