Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Going back to school?

I'm really contemplating going back to school.

Hey Kelli, don't say "I told you so" until you read the whole post. ;)

I've been looking into going back to school. Bartending School. (Which is odd because I don't really drink anymore).

You see, for the longest time, I've wanted to own a bar. Well, I guess I should learn how to bartend first, huh? I know how to make a few drinks, but should learn the ropes. Also, it's something I could do while I work on my photography career.

My parents are on board with this. Probably because they would be my test subjects when I practice what I've learned.

Once I've "graduated", I'll work in a restaurant for a while. Or, maybe even on a cruise ship next Fall.

What do y'all think? Would you ever want to go to Bartending School?

6 comments:

Miranda—Imperfectly Candid said...

It sounds like a fantastic idea to me! And perfect because you could work on your photography as well. I don't drink much, but it still sounds fun!

Katie said...

I work for a bartending school here in Philadelphia. Authentic Bartending - great place, becoming a certified mixologist is a really great move. The classes teach a bunch of stuff, and I hear the classes happening throughout the day, and they're super awesome.

Let me know if you have any questions or anything, lady!

Anonymous said...

YES! Great idea. I'll try out your concoctions anytime! :)

JB said...

I think it's awesome! I thought about it at one point. Go for it girl!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome!!! You go girl!

devin said...

I think that would be such a fun thing to do! And working on a cruise ship would be an amazing experience!

I'm your newest follower from www.lovecraftwritedream.blogspot.com