I spent last weekend (aside from a few errands, and dinner with Erin on Sunday) holed up in my condo Spring Cleaning. This semester has been so insane that I haven't had a chance to deep clean the condo as often as I would have liked. This weekend I had no plans and not a lot of cash monies, so I figured this would be the perfect time to get it done. Also, I was hoping it would get my mind off school for a few days. And boy, did I need that. I got everything done that I wanted to, besides the vacuuming. I'm pretty sure my vacuum cleaner is pretty much dead.
Anyway. With this cleaning weekend, for the first time since the break up, I finally feel like I'm getting my life & house back in order how I want it to be. Things have been rearranged and moved around for better storage and such. I got rid of a lot of stuff that needed to be thrown out. The house has a more clean and streamlined feel (less clutter- if that makes sense). We'll see if I can keep up with that aspect. I finally stained and sealed the bar stools I've had for a few years. They had quite a bit of dirt on them from people's shoes, and I tried to get it off, but I think it gives the stools some character. They finally match the rest of my furniture. And, I actually enjoyed doing it. I don't know why I didn't do it the weekend I got them. ha ha.
There are still some things I need to work on before I even think about a new relationship. I'm also not going to go looking for one. It'll happen when it's the right time. Right now, I need to focus on spring cleaning my brain of any negative thoughts and keep a positive attitude. I've been in a funky mood lately and really want to shake it soon.
2 comments:
This is one of the best entries I have read by ANYONE I follow lately.
Kudos to you!
It motivates me.
Thank you.
xo
-K
You are awesome girl, and I know you can shake this funk. And if you can't, just come back down for a weekend. We'll hit up a piano bar and "sing" the funk right out of you with some Sweet Caroline. You know that sounds awesome!
xo
Post a Comment