Friday, October 9, 2009

Why do you blog?

So, one of my readers asked me why I got into blogging. I've been in the blogging world off and on since early high school. Yes, I had have a LiveJournal. I still update it every few months so it knows I'm still around. I also had a Free Open Diary that only a handful of people knew about, because everyone and their brother knew about the LJ. The FOD is still around, just so I can go back and read entries from my best friend Jackie, who passed away in 2007. Last year, I started a blogspot, but only updated it a handful of times because I wasn't too thrilled about the way to update and all that. So, I created a blog using iWeb on my Mac. It was easy to do and I could have a variety of pages. However, I couldn't have all the cool stuff my other bloggy friends had, so I didn't really use it very often. It's still up and running, so if you can find it, more power to you. I'm going to be revamping it soon.

On Aug. 31 of this year, I created this blog. For the most part, I've kept up with it pretty well. I was going to update everyday, but I don't have as much to say as most everyone else.

Now that you know my backstory... I got into blogging to share my thoughts with the world. Back when I started, I mainly just updated about stuff going on in my high school world. However many years later, all that seems to trivial. Now, I like to update with anecdotes, current events, stuff like that. I hope you enjoy this site, because I think I'm going to stick it out for a while. :)


In case you haven't checked it out yet, I have an etsy site with Urban Cowgirl. She's running a contest, & the winner receives a free piece of jewelry!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You better stick it out for a while! I'm going to hold you to that comment. :)