Friday, October 23, 2009

Let's Get To Work.

I've had 4 jobs since I started working in April 2003. I've worked in retail at 3 different stores, and I've also worked as a legal assistant. I've had a job for 3 weeks, and another for close to a year and a half. I've had really great jobs, and I've had really sucky jobs.

My first job was at Pacific Sunwear in a brand new mall that nobody knew had opened. We were always so slow. The first set of managers and everyone else there were the best I've ever worked for/with in a retail store. They were so fun to be around and I looked forward to going to work. Towards the end of my time there, it was the total opposite. I dreaded going into work because none of the fun people were there anymore. It just wasn't a good environment anymore.

My second job was my three week job. I worked at Pottery Barn Kids doing sales associate stuff and working in the stock room. I wrapped A LOT of gifts in my three weeks there. There were nice, and not so nice people there, so I still don't know how I feel about this job. Did I mention it was during the Christmas season at an upscale mall? Oh yeah. Good times.

Job number three was my absolute favorite, from the beginning to the end (sorry Katie! ;). This was my three month stint as a legal assistant. I loved having set 9-5 hours. That schedule is totally for me. This was a small office. I'm talking 3 other people besides me. It was very laid back. The phone didn't ring very much, and when it did, it was usually someone who we wouldn't have represented. Towards the middle of my 3 months, they gave me a huge project that kept me occupied the whole 7 hours a day I was there for a few weeks. I was so happy when I got it finished and was happy to know it would help with the organization of the files. I loooved that job and want to work a job like that again.

Last, but not least, was my couple months at PetSmart 2 summers ago. This job? Horrible. The hours sucked, the managers sucked, and most of the other people that worked there were rude and totally not cool. I worked the registers, and because of the huge windows/doors, it was always so hot at the registers. The store always smelled like animal food, too. Yuck. The one good thing? I was secret shopped and totally got 100%. Yeah! Go me! :)

Tell me about your favorite or least favorite job you've ever had!!


I want to do a Q&A of questions you have for me. So, leave them in the comments!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! What, Pac Sun wasn't your favorite?! Come on. It was mine. :)

Hayley said...

hahaha. It was at the time, then I got spoiled at the lawyer's office. :)

I loooved working with you, though!

Anonymous said...

Wow I would think that working at a pet shope would be so much fun, but clearly not so much much... lol.

My favorite job was working for a bank because I met one of my best friends there and it was great to work with her everyday!

I don't know if I have ever not liked working somewhere, I've loved all my jobs... I know, I'm a keener. LOL