Thursday, October 15, 2009

I'm a Crafter.

If there was one non-personality trait word to describe me, it would be crafter. I'm a huge fan of all things crafts.

I've been a scrapbooker for years now, but have just recently come into my own involving scrapbooking. I love going to JoAnn's and Michaels and walking up and down the aisles of stickers, papers, and fun embellishments. I like to use non traditional items for the book I'm working on. In the past, I've used wood figures, jewels, and random stuff as embellishment. I prefer to work all at once on a book, or in big chunks at a time. I can't work on one or two pages at a time. I like all the pages to have the same style, and if I spread out the work, it doesn't all have the same style.

I've done a couple books, but my all time favorite would have to be the one I did last year for my girl Emmy. It was so fun to go through all the pictures and see her grow up all over again while making her life pretty in a book. I'm excited I get to work on Year 2. I really need to get started on that one.



I've dabbled in a few other crafts. I bought my first memory board a few years ago when I moved into my condo. My aunt was with me and we realized they probably wouldn't be very hard to make. In total, I've made 6 in all different colors. I've made all the same size ones, but I want to try a long skinny cork board and see how that would work. I love how a simple piece of fabric and ribbon can tie the room together. I've given a few to friends, and think they make awesome gifts.



As you all know, my newest crafting adventure has been jewelry. The thing I love about jewelry is that you can mix and match all sorts of textures in the beads and make virtually anything.

Speaking of jewlery, go check out the etsy site I have with Urban Cowgirl!! We would love to make a custome piece of jewelry for you!!

Speaking of our etsy site, we will soon have a new type of item for sale. It's a secret for now, until we have it all ready, but I'll be sure to let you know when we have it listed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should start a scrapbooking business! I know several people that do it on the side, and they love it. I'd totally pay you to make me a scrapbook. I like doing it myself, but I never have the time. :(