Recently, I had the pleasure of interviewing the master mind behind a new Loungewear company called Maxey. Oh yeah, she also happens to be my aunt. :) If you were a fan of Scanty, you'll LOVE Maxey. Maxey is a brand new company that has gotten some major attention. Maxey was in NY Fashion Week, and now has an article in the new Real Simple magazine, just to name a few. Personally, I'm loving the fun and flirty patterns and different styles. I can't wait to get my hands on some of it! (hint hint! :)
Without further ado, I hope you enjoy this interview with Julie.
First off, tell us about your new company, Maxey.
Maxey is a loungewear clothing line for hip chic girl who is no longer content with the typical cupcakes and bejeweled sleepwear that is out there.
How long have you been in the PJ/Loungewear business?
I've been in the loungewear/PJ business for 15 years.
What has been your favorite part of starting this new company?
The realization that I can do anything I that I put my mind to! I'm having a blast!
What is your favorite piece of loungewear, and what is your favorite pattern?
Since I'm a girl it changes day to day, but right now, my favorite is the big t'shirts with my itty bitty shorts. My favorite is with the big LOVE!
Where can we expect to see Maxey in the future?
My goal is to be in the best boutiques in the world. I already have a distributor in Japan & I'm looking for ones for Canada & Europe, all over!
What's the average price of a set of loungewear from Maxey?
$72-98 retail
How was your experience at NY Fashion Week? Did you meet anybody really awesome?
That's was the coolest day ever! First, my husband, John, was with me & he is my biggest fan! (as I'm his biggest fan, too!) To see my loungewear on the runway with other amazing lines, was so neat. I sat next to James Kyson Lee from Heroes - he was so cool & loved Maxey! He was very down to earth. What a great guy! Another cool thing that happened was that about 5 girls who were interning from FIT, helping out at the show, dressing the models, wanted to talk to ME!! Asking me how I got started-- all sorts of questions. It was great seeing excitement in these girls eyes - what their future could be is endless!
Here's a preview of Maxey!
Follow Maxey on twitter- @maxeyclothing
Find Maxey on facebook!!
Maxey's website- http://www.maxeyclothing.com/



2 comments:
Those are so cute!!!
Hayley you are the bestest!!! What a great style you have to your blogs! I love it! Thank you for the interview (it was almost like doing homework :) -- I look forward to reading more blogs done the line from you. You will have to interview you Uncle JOHN soon! He has a new CD coming out you know?
Post a Comment