Friday, September 3, 2010

Happenings.

A week ago, I flew home from NJ, and a few hours later my daddy was at my front door for 24 hours of DIY projects and stuff that needed fixing! I was so glad we got to do that. i absolutely love spending time with my dad, especially when we are doing fun stuff like this. In a 24 hour span we tackled projects in three different rooms. 

First, we had to make a "quick" trip to Lowe's for a "few" things. Us, in Lowe's, always takes forever. But we both love walking around there, so it's all good.

Home from Lowe's we tackled the only project we would be working on Friday night. I had hung a bunch of paper lanterns a few weeks ago, and really wanted to figure out how to turn it into a lamp. Well, I did it! It's so easy, too!



Saturday we were up bright and early to hang some shelves! I decided while walking around Lowe's that I wanted shelving in my craft room. The stuff on the shelves in the picture previously had a home on the table. The shelves give me more room on the tables to work. I can't wait to start making my goddaughters third scrapbook. Half the stuff on the shelves was picked out for that very reason.



After knocking those out, we got to the main reason daddy came up- to finally to hang the shelves for my shot glass collection. The first picture is from the Lowe's website, and how they should look. I, however, wasn't liking the dark brown wood. So, I spray painted them white. They display my shot glasses really nicely in my living room. After putting all the glasses on the shelf, I didn't realize how many I had! I'm going to have to get another one of these eventually!




What do you think of all the new projects? Personally, I'm in love with all of them. :)

Have you tackled any DIY projects lately?

2 comments:

JB said...

I abso love the shot glass shelves!

Anonymous said...

They look great! Can you come to my house and help me with some of my projects?!