Thursday, November 5, 2009

vampire?

As you all may know, there is this little sensation called "Twilight" all over the place.

I'll admit, I've read it. Only after some coaxing from Kelli, though. I couldn't put them down. I stayed up until 4am most nights reading them this summer. I was disappointed with the movie. I was pissed I spent money on the DVD. Edward was not what I imagined as I was reading it. But, that wasn't the only problem with the movie. (We won't be getting into those right now). Yes, I'll be going to see New Moon in theaters, and hopefully it's way better than the first one.

I've been a fan of vampire stories for a long time now. I absolutely love the Blade series, all the Underworld's, and Van Helsing. These series have all recently been discovered by the "vampire newbies". Took y'all long enough didn't it? lol.

I like these vampire movies because they are full of action, and not much romance. Don't get me wrong, I like a good romance movie from time to time. But in my opinion, vampires should be running around at night and killing each other. LOL. I could watch these movies over and over again, which doesn't happen with most movies. (Even though I have a HUGE DVD collection).

Anyway, you newbies, appreciate the good vampire movies that have been around for a while. As for me? I think I'll go watch Underworld. :)

3 comments:

JB said...

I used to be super terrified of vampires. Then Twilight came along and they didn't have scary teeth so I was ok with them.

Somehow the hubbs got me to go see the newest Underworld and I fell in love. We made a stop by blockbuster on the way home to get the first 2.

And of course, everyone loved Buffy!

I think the only other vampire movie I've watched is Interview. And I struggled, that was a rough movie to make it through. Except Brad Pitt, of course.

The Blade ones just don't seem like my cup of tea but I might indulge one day.

I also pick up every vampire book I see. I'm totally addicted. It's kind of ridiculous isn't it? lol

Anonymous said...

I'm a huge dork and I am obsessed with the Twilight series! I've been reading New Moon in preparation for the movie. :)

Hayley said...

Jess- I'm more of a boy movie person anyway, so I think that's part of the reason I like Blade. Have you checked out Van Helsing? I looove me some Underworld. I'm not ashamed to admit I think Kate Beckinsale is hot. LOL.

Katie- I didn't know you liked Twilight! You've been holding out on me! lol We will definitely be discussing it on Sunday! :)