Have you ever worked in retail? At a clothing store? If not, you won't understand this post. Like for realz. (I can't believe I just said that). Anyhoodle.
For all you kids who have braved the retail world, this is for you. (And, I'm talking real retail. Just clothes and shoes. And yes, it's different- partly because that's all I've worked in- LOL).
I worked at Pacific Sunwear (now known as PacSun) while I was a Junior and Senior in high school with Katie! It was my first job. It was great (but not at the end), and my first/opening bosses were the best I've ever worked for. I worked there for roughly a year and a half (minus 2 months). In these 16 months, I learned a few things that I've taken with me since I left there.
Brace yourselves. They're not huge life changing lessons. However, I giggle every time I actually notice myself doing it. They are such an unconscious thing now, it's just funny.
First thing? My closet has to color coordinated, and also coordinated by type of hang up item. All my shirts with sleeves are separated from shirts without sleeves which are separated from bottoms. Each section (besides the bottoms) are color coordinated.
Second? When I fold sweatshirts, they're not just thrown around and folded all willy-nilly. Oh no, there is a method to the madness. After folding countless new sweatshirts at PacSun, it's ingrained in my brain. This is how we did it at PacSun. Holla! Ain't it pretty? :)
I'm sorry if this has brought any negative memories for you retailers (I know I have some!). It's just so funny when I realize I'm so OCD about my closet/sweatshirts and how I got that way.
3 comments:
Hahaha, want to know something funny? We still organize our shirts by color, too. I guess some habits never die! And Joey still folds things "the retail way." Ahhh, memories. Not all of the Pac Sun times were bad. The early years were the best. :)
I've never worked in clothing retail and I do all my stuff that way. What do you call me??? LoL.
Haha. I love it! We organize our closets the same way!
Erm. Well... when I had a CLOSET. Now I have a pathetic excuse of a square in a wall for a closet.
Pretty sweatshirt folding!
Post a Comment