Wednesday, November 11, 2009

on my soapbox.

Ok. This has been bothering me for years. It only happens around the holidays.

Let's look over the calendar for a quick second, shall we?

October comes before November, which comes before December.

October means Halloween.
November means Thanksgiving.
December means Christmas.
Got it?

Well, every year, retailers think the Christmas holidays begin in late September or earlier. Apparently, they did not get the calender we just discussed. I'm waiting for the year that Christmas dcorations are out all year round. I'll go into hiding when that happens.

Every year, the Thanksgiving decorations become harder and harder to find. I actually like celebrating Thanksigiving, but it seems as if this holiday gets lost in the shuffle more and more every year. I'll admit, I don't like much Thanksgiving food, but I love watching the parade (it's a must every year) and getting together with friends and family. Soon, Thanksgiving isn't going to even exist anymore. And that makes me sad.

If I start a petition to save Thanksgiving, would you sign?

How do you feel about Thanksgiving and it getting lost in the shuffle?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We've talked about this. :) Poor Thanksgiving and the pilgrims. No one loves the pilgrims anymore! And the parade . . . that's the best part of the holidays!

Thanksgiving gets no love.

JB said...

I hate that thanksgiving gets lost too! makes me sad!

You've been tagged in my blog!