Last week, I posted that I was in a funk and wanted to know what you all wanted to see. I'm still taking ideas! Let me know!
My Bestie wanted to know how I'm doing 6 months after "The Divorce". I've been thinking about this for a week and trying to figure out where to start.
I realized the 6 month mark was going to be the day after I got home from North Carolina, and would be spending it with my mom and aunt in St. Augustine, so I wouldn't be in Jax. I felt this to be a good thing. Kelli was shocked that I could remember the exact day of the breakup, but after being with someone that long, it's hard to forget the day it all goes to shit.
When I realized 6 months was fast approaching, I honestly was surprised it had been that long. I guess time flies when you're not constantly arguing and fighting with someone.
I've gotten my condo back to how I want it, with no compromises on where stupid boy shit goes. I'm in the process of deciding what color red to make an accent wall in my living room, and if I want to paint my bedroom back to beige from yellow.
There are no romantic interests in my life, and I'm ok with that. I'm not one of those girls that bounces from guy to guy. I'm discovering myself, slowly, and I'm having fun doing it without a man in my life. I realized right away, that I will be happier without a guy. It had been so long since I've been on my own, that I'm loving it. (I even got rid of the first cockroach in my house as a single girl the other night. So proud of myself!) However, I do feel that if the right guy came and swept me off my feet, I'd be okay with it. We would just take it slower than Big Ex and I did.
My last class started last Thursday night. Each day that passes, gets me one day closer to graduation (30 days! Gifts are welcome! haha) I've been doing a lot of thinking about what I want to do after graduation. Since I don't have a ball and chain anymore, I can essentially go anywhere to work. I've been really considering signing up to work on a cruise ship as a photographer. The shortest contract I've come across is 8 months on with 8 weeks off. There are a few things that need to be worked out before I can jump on this opportunity, but I'll know soon enough.
Big Ex creeps into my head every now and then (usually when a song plays on the radio), and I quickly think of something happy to get him out of my mind. The nights are so much easier than they were 6 months ago. My kitties have started cuddling right up next to my face at night, which is lovely, until they stick their butt in my face. They've become very clingy (probably because I left them for so long to go on vacation).
So, that's how I've been! Thanks again for all your support the last 6+ months!
4 comments:
You are doing so well and you've gotten so far in these last 6 months. I am proud of you and I can't wait to see what the next 6 months has in store.
xo
I'm glad that you're handling things so well after six months! I imagine that it can't be easy, but you seem to be doing just fine.
I'm proud of you for killing the cockroach, I probably would have freaked the heck out over it.
You're a rockstar! I love this post. So much.
Thank you for telling us how you are doing. You can only GO UP FROM HERE! I am excited to see whats in store. You're an inspiration.
xo
-K
Cruise ship job sounds awesome!!!
Post a Comment