This weekend was one of the best I've had in a long time. It started off Thursday evening by getting out of class an hour and 40 minutes early, which meant I could drive to see Kelli earlier than planned. We stayed up late gossiping and hanging out.
Friday morning I saw my goddaughter at the last day of her swim refreshers. She did amazing. K and I left straight from the YMCA to go see Eclipse. So good. I spent Friday afternoon/evening hanging out with my parents. Dad and I started a weight loss pact. I'm going to kick his ass. (More about this later in the week). Over the weekend, I walked 6 miles with him.
I spent Saturday morning with Kelli and E, and then the evening was spent with my parents just laughing and having a great time.
Sunday was my favorite holiday. I walked with Dad, hung out in the pool for about an hour, watched the Hot Dog Contest, then headed out to Kelli's for a fun filled day with friends. There were 6 kids running around enjoying each other's company, while the adults kept a close watch on them. I spent some time with E working on her swimming and jumping into the pool. The joy on her face as she climbed out of the pool and immediately jumped into my arms just made my heart swell up. There was good friends, good food, and good fireworks. All in all, a great 4th of July!
3 comments:
I'm so glad that you had a great weekend! :)
OMG That pic of you & E makes me want to cry! So sweet. She loves you so much.
I love that.
xo
-K
It sounds like you had a fantastic 4th of July! :)
Post a Comment