Yesterday, I did the ABC's of Home. Katie noticed that my garage contains half an oven. She wanted a picture, so I decided to share with all of you about my half an oven!
It was quite a few semesters ago, and I was in Three Dimensional Design. I had not had a good run in this class, except for this project and one other one. Anyway. For our final project, we had a few options. We could make a soft sculpture, a visual pun, repeat a past project. I don't sew, and didn't want to relive a past project, so I opted for a visual pun. Big Ex's dad had a great idea to do "half baked". It just so happened that one of the guys Big Ex works with had an oven in his garage he was about to throw away. Great! We picked it up, and with the help of my brother and a sawzall, Big Ex and I get to creating my newest masterpiece. It took the better part of the day, and some silver air duct tape, but we got it looking good. I even cut a cookie sheet and Publix cookies in half for the day of the critique. The teacher loved. I got an A, and she wanted me to put it in the Spring Art Show.
What do you think of it?

3 comments:
i saw that too but i knew why...lol
xo
-k
I love this post. It made my day. You are so creative. :)
That hilarious!
Post a Comment