Wednesday, April 13, 2011

P90X update!

I think it's about time for a p90x update, eh? 

I'm in the second week of Training Block 2 (month 2 of 3). I honestly can't believe I've made it this far. The workouts are hardcore, and I think in the back of my mind I figured I would fail in the first month. The first month, I slacked on the eating well part. I had it in my head that because I was doing such intense workouts every day, that I could eat however I wanted. That didn't work out very well. I was also around people that weren't great influences in the eating well department (granted, I am the only person deciding what I eat).

So, for the next 7.5 weeks I have left (and the past 1.5 weeks), I'm going to really watch what I eat and drink. I'm going to get back into Weight Watchers and try to learn the new plan like I should have in January. I haven't had soda in a week, and I'm going to limit my beer intake to 2 a week. I think my main problem right now is that I'm home and around my kitchen all day every day. I've cleaned out almost all of the junk food. I have a huge sweet tooth, so getting rid of some of the candy is proving more difficult than planned, even though there isn't much because it's so expensive!

As I already said, the workouts are crazy. I can feel my muscles getting stronger, and I love that. I work up a sweat just in the warmup portions (lots of running in place and jumping jacks). I think my favorite DVD so far is the X Stretch, or the Chest Shoulders Triceps DVD. The first 2 days I was so sore it hurt to sneeze. But I loved it. I like working out at home, I'm not a "go to the gym and work out in front of other people" kind of girl. I've never liked it, so I'm glad I've finally found a program I can do at home, and feel like I'm actually working towards something. I'll definitely be sticking with the program as a maintenance program when I'm done with the original 90 days. Even though I have a horrible knee problem, I can easily modify the exercises I need to.

I have a goal, with an amazing reward at the end, so I just need to stick my nose to the grindstone and get to my goal. 

What do you do for exercise? Are you happy with it?



I was in no way compensated by Beachbody or p90x for this blog post.

No comments: