Tuesday, November 16, 2010

About the new job.

I have a quick update for you all about my new job.

It's going well. It's very tedious work, but I'm okay with that. Once I get in a groove, it goes by quickly. Yesterday, I was all caught up around 2:30pm, and they had to find other projects for me. ha ha.

I absolutely love working downtown. This is the second job I've had that is in a downtown location (the first was a position in Orlando). There is just something about working downtown that makes me feel so grown up and adult.

I'm enjoying being on my own this week. Last week there was another temp there, too. She will be back a few days a week starting next week. I moved over to her computer yesterday since it runs so much faster than the dinosaur I was on. 

Yesterday, the IT guys had to get me all set up on the new computer. We were laughing all morning. They're fun guys, and hope we get to chat more during my time there (which is possible since when I look to my right, I'm looking into their offices). I also like my bosses. There isn't a mean person there, which is always a good thing.

This gig isn't a long term thing, and I knew that going into it. While I'm temping there, my staffing agency is looking for something more permanent. I hope they find something before my time at UW is over.

So, all in all, I'm enjoying it, and the bills will be paid for a few months!

Hope y'all are doing well!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you like the new gig! I hope they can keep you on permanently, or the staffing agency can find you something before this job is over.

Anonymous said...

Yay for you! Temporary is better than nothing. And I'll admit, after spending so much time downtown, I kinda wish I had a swanky office overlooking the St. Johns. ;)